Unboxed Consulting CEO, Richard Stobart, has been named Best Agile Coach or Mentor (Process) at the 2014 UK Agile Awards.
The win recognised the way in which Richard supported Plymouth University in the move to Agile, including the Agile development of a new external website.
- Oriented the whole IT function towards Agile
- Ran a hugely popular training series and offered counselling and 1:1 mentoring
- Educated their executive board
- Provided them with a raft of techniques and tricks they can use every day
- Supported them in changing the way they work with suppliers, focusing on the value delivered not the services purchased and coached these suppliers too
- Spread the Agile approach to other non-IT university projects
Paul Westmore of Plymouth University says: “Richard planted the seed in my mind four years ago that Agile could be the way to solve many of the IT challenges in the public sector. Richard’s role throughout our Agile journey gone far beyond ‘mentor’ and enabled us to achieve more than we could have imagined.”
On the win, Richard said:
“Working with Paul Westmore’s team at Plymouth University has been a very energising experience. They represent the fast-changing digital scene in the UK’s public sector and the move towards Agile. It’s fantastic.”
The Awards, now in their 5th year, took place in London, were attended by senior leaders and practitioners in the Agile community.
The winning moment: