Are you a Ruby on Rails developer?
We are looking for Ruby on Rails developers to join our London office.
Recognised as being key members in the community, our developers are responsible for building scalable, sustainable systems from project inception right through to production.
We need people who can:
- Develop and maintain complex Ruby on Rails applications through agile ways of working
- Make informed decisions quickly drawing from experience across a wide technical stack
- Involve your team in discussions on progress of stories
- Turn designs and wireframes into functional applications
Key competencies and skills
- Solid experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience of version control (ideally Git)
- TDD/BDD experience
- SQL (preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Architect, develop and maintain complex Ruby and Rails applications
- Ability to work with other developers and QA testers to plan and ship projects
- Able to identify areas of risk and complexity during the planning process
- Communicate continually with team on progress of stories
- Can turn wireframes and designs into functional applications
- Write and maintain integration and unit test suites
- HTML and CSS experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Open source contributions
- Experience setting up and maintaining UNIX systems
- A keen eye for detail
- Understanding of continuous integration and delivery
Benefits of working with us
- 25 holiday days per year, on top of the bank holiday allowance
- Holiday flexibility and loyalty bonus benefits
- An informal, startup culture of growth and flexible working hours
- 10 Innovation Days per year
- A generous conference budget to attend the conferences of your choice
- A peer-to-peer mentoring programme
- Life assurance policy at 4x salary
- A workplace pension with Standard Life
- A 'Bike To Work' scheme
Other benefits include
- Weekly reflection and drinks at our Whines & Cheers session (our Friday evening company retrospective)
- Bi-annual reviews
- The potential for equity in an Unboxed 'spin-off' product
- Monthly 'Linkers & Thinkers' lunches
- Your own caricature
Send us your CV and, if we think you will make a good team member, we will get you to complete a short coding exercise. This gives you the an opportunity to showcase your approach to solving problems and for us to see your code on a clean build project.
If we like what we see we will invite you in for a pairing session with one of our developers where we will talk over the choices you have made in your solution and get to know you a little better.
Send us your CV
Claire is our “people gardener” and she would love to hear from you.
We like to do the most valuable things first - employing you could be exactly that.
Send your CV through to Claire at: email@example.com
From there, she'll be in touch. Good luck!
(No recruiters please, we do all our hiring