At Unboxed, design is a team sport
We are a digital service design and development agency with 13 years of experience and an impressive reputation for creating great digital services in both the public and private sectors.
Our delivery approach is strongly based on Agile principles. We work in multidisciplinary teams, collaborating all the way from initial user research and customer engagement through to building fully functioning digital services. We believe in openness, transparency and honest communication, encouraging collaboration and learning from each other. We work closely with our customers, including them as part of our project teams. We create the conditions for our teams to flourish and create better digital services.
Our teams work from our London office or our customer’s locations.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and confident Service Designer to join us and grow our team. Some of the key activities within this role include:
- Analysing complex services and providing insights for design and development
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams to understand, design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions
- Conducting user-centred research to understand user needs and create a rich picture of user behaviour
- Facilitating co-design workshops and design sprints to generate service concepts
- Creating, testing and rapidly iterating service prototypes
- Arranging service concepts into rational user journeys, creating a seamless experience for service users
- Communicating findings to help the team develop a deep understanding of users and their needs – including presentations at show and tells, designing and maintaining research outputs on the team wall, creating formal reports
- Providing support and direction to less experienced team members
- Taking an active interest in the service design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community
Key competencies and skills
- Experience in service design and/or user experience design, with a good understanding of qualitative user research methods and approaches
- Ability to participate in a range of activities from client engagement workshops to ethnographic research, prototyping and testing
- Ability to think strategically to address issues of high uncertainty and complexity
- Ability to sketch and create prototypes on paper and/or using digital tools
- Ability to communicate the process with stakeholders and other interested parties
- Being a passionate advocate for Design Thinking, Lean and Agile principles
- Enthusiasm to get out and learn from users, customers and stakeholders
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Experience and desire to work on complex projects, involving research, design and facilitation across multiple service areas
- Experience with all stages of Agile development, including sprint planning and daily Scrum meetings
- Experience with projects that follow the GDS Service Standard
- Potential to champion the value of design within Unboxed
- Presence within the broader service design community
- Knowledge of technical aspects of developing digital services
Benefits of working with us
- 25 holiday days per year, on top of the bank holiday allowance
- 10 Innovation Days per year
- Holiday flexibility and loyalty bonus benefits
- A workplace pension and life assurance policy
- Maternity and Shared Parental Leave policies
- A generous conference budget
- A company-wide peer-to-peer mentoring programme
- Salary reviews twice a year
- An informal, startup culture of growth and flexible working hours
- A “Bike To Work” scheme
- Monthly "Linkers and Thinkers" idea-exploring lunches
- Weekly reflection at "Whines & Cheers", our Friday company retrospective
Send us your CV and, if we think you will make a good team member, we will arrange to meet with you. Here, we are trying to understand what motivates you and get some initial thoughts on how you might fit within our team.
If we think you will compliment our team, we will invite you into our office to collaborate on a short whiteboard exercise. This gives us the opportunity to see how you uncover constraints to inform design decisions.
Send us your CV
Steve is our people person. If this role sounds of interest to you, he would love to hear from you.
Send your CV through to Steve at: email@example.com
From there, he'll be in touch.
Good luck! (Sorry - no recruiters please, we do all our hiring in-house).