Recipe for a Cape Town office
June 9, 2010
- Search for office space from the Waterfront to Muizenberg and settle on a great and gorgeously located building in Constantia close to some superb vineyards, the names of which are a challenge (for some) to pronounce. Uitsig anyone?
- Tear down dividing walls and create some open plan space.
- Throw in a re-designed kitchen and bar stools.
- Recruit a posse of ninja coders.
- Add a spoonful of va va voom.
- Place some very temporary tables, chairs, sofa and coffee table in to the mix to get up and running.
- Go shopping for generous portions of kit not forgetting a tablespoon of VOIP telephony.
- Rejoice in the arrival of a container from the old country containing IKEA desks and bookcases, a meeting room table and chairs so comfortable it's hard saying goodbye. And lastly but definitely most importantly, a coffee machine that rocks.
- Film the above for another blog post arriving shortly.
- Blend in the sites and sounds of a hip and happening city and for icing on top, throw in a World Cup for good measure. Go Engerland. Go Bafana Bafana.